We’re all gearing up for a very different, but special Eid this year. We hope that everyone truly does stick to proper social distancing procedures. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t still make this the best Eid yet! Here are some ways to keep the spirit of this time alive, but still follow social distancing guidelines:
1) Pray your Eid salah in the morning, wear your best clothes, and eat something sweet (preferably a date)
2) Still take your Eid selfies! It’s important to keep as many of our regular Eid traditions as much as we can.
3) Treat yourself & your fam! Don’t forget to do your mandatory Eid Starbucks / Dunkin runs.
4) Have a picnic with your family in a park. Be sure to wear masks & stay safe.
5) Take a nice scenic drive of walk, wherever you are
6) Facetime with family members & friends you can’t be with this Eid + have a little virtual Eid meal together
7) Take time for yourself & reflect on the blessings that this Ramadan has brought and make dua!
Most importantly, remember that this is a day that Allah (SWT) has given us & blessed us with and we should honor it in the best ways we can. Wherever you are, even if you are spending this Eid alone, know that you are very much loved & deserve to have a relaxing, beautiful day for yourself. Eid Mubarak!