Neutral colors are always in. You can never go wrong with toned down shades for any occasion. Unfortunately, since we live in a society that caters towards Eurocentric beauty standards on a global scale, it can sometimes feel as if the more nude types of hues look unflattering on people of color. Nude lips are especially tricky because it’s on your face and you can end up looking like a zombie real quick. I know I’ve had my fair share of struggles with finding the right shades for my skin tone. Luckily, after much experience, I’ve been able to decipher the types of undertones and colors that flatter me, and of course I have to share them!
I’m Pakistani and I have a medium/olive skin complexion, but my top neutral liquid lipsticks will for sure work for anyone with a deeper skin tone as well! You can just mix them with a darker lip liner to suit you better!
Note: These are in no particular order, because they’re all great!
- Seriously, this is my ultimate go-to color. I’ve noticed it appears different on every skin tone, and it looks so good on everyone! On me, it’s a subtle warm toned nude with hints of pink. It’s definitely more on the pricier side of the spectrum, but I cannot even count how many times I use this throughout the day (and how many compliments I get every time I wear it). The formula, finish, and staying power are so on point!
- I use this liquid lipstick just as much as I use the Kat Von D one. It’s more on the pinky-mauve side. It’s super comfortable to wear and stays on nicely. Such a beautiful color for every day and special occasions.
- I’m no makeup expert, but this color reminds me a lot like the Kat Von D one – except at a cheaper price point! I’ve tried other colors from this range by NYX Cosmetics and I found a lot of the other colors washed me out or did not really show up on my lips. This shade, however, is seriously so beautiful and does not make me look lifeless at all! Such a nice, subtle brown, nude shade.
- Okay, this liquid lipstick smells like cupcakes so obviously it’s already a winner. Other than the yummy scent, this color and formula is banging! I honestly recommend any shade from this collection, or any other product from Milani. Milani Cosmetics is actually catered towards women of color and is sold at the drugstore – automatic fave.
- If you’re looking for the perfect light brown nude shade for an olive complexion, look no further! This color is ideal for any occasion and any makeup look you choose to do! It’s so complimentary and acts as the perfect nude for my skin tone (finally).
What are some of your favorite, go-to liquid lipsticks? Share your faves in the comments section below!